Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Friday, December 7, 2012
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Monday, December 3, 2012
- letters to the editor.
- CAG - what does it stand for?
- CG scam to the tune of 1.86 crores.
- Coalgate scam again to the tune of 1.86 crores.
- How come both of them have the same 1.86 crores?
- In how many years this is accumulated?
- What is the reason for the delay in finding?
- Is it due to shortage of efficient staff?
- Any delay or gherao tactics followed?
- Or are they under any body's control?
- Why it took this much time to come to the conclusion of this figure?
- When every authority including the Tax authorities work on yearly basis,why this delay by CAG/
- this has led to the parliament not in session and abruptly stopped.
- Both the congress and the BJP throwing the blame on one another ,making the country lose the the time,energy and money.
- Why was it not found by CAG earlier?
- This is the question coming to our minds.
Sunday, November 25, 2012
Sunday, November 11, 2012
--What is a pre-incorporation contract?
What is known as preliminary.
If the AGM of a meeting held on a particular date,on that date all the shareholders present in the meeting died on the spot.
Can the company remain in existence?
What is the maximum limit of members in a private limited company? 50
AGM can it be held on a public holiday?
How many members must sign the Memorandum of Association of a public ltd. company?
What does Limited liability mean?
The owners of a business are not liable for the debts
Who are called the Promoters?
People who conceive the idea of business.
Is it true that the company works under a common seal and has a perpetual succession?
If the company does not follow the principle of separate legal entity what can be done?
the corporate veil can be lifted.
What must be the total managerial remuneration in a public ltd. co?
What is first step for formation of a company?
This kind of company enjoys the number of privileges?
Which one? The private Ltd. company.
Can any corporate body or association be appointed as director of a company?
NO No No.
Can an increase take place beyond the maximum number of
directors permitted in the articles of assn. of the company?
yes. by the Central Govt.
How many months gap is allowed between two Annual general meetings?
Which section describes the disqualification of a director?
Where can you find the first directors of the company?
In the articles of the company.
Who is an alternate director?
a director appointed in the place of the original director in case of his absence.
Who can fill up the casual vacancy?
the board. of board of directors.
How can the director be removed?
by the shareholders/ by the central govt./ by company law board/
From which language the word company has been derived?
Latin./ com means with or together Panis means bread.
persons jointly taking meals together.
which section defines a Govt. company? section 617
What does it state?any company 's shares 51 percent of the paid up capital is held by Central/ State / govt or governments is called a Govt. company.
There is no legal formality to start a company? Wrong and False . and not true.
Can a company die with the death of a shareholder?
No, not at all.
Do the shareholders of a company have a limited liability?yes.
Can a company own property on its own name?
How is the company managed?
by the elected representatives of the shareholders.(directors)
Which are the three basic types of companies which may be regd. under companies act 1956?
Private companies/public companies/ producer companies
What is a producer company?
What are the three distinct stages in the company formation?
Promotion/ incorporation by registration/ commencement of the business.
What is vetting?
it is a process of examining carefully the contents of all related documents from the legal point of view.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
Saturday, November 10, 2012
- Know more about Law.
- company law.( The companies act 1956.)
- Laws relating Partnership(Indian Partnership act 1932)
- Relating to contract.(Indian Contract act 1872)
- relating to sale of goods.
- Relating to Negotiable instruments .(Sale of Goods act 1930)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIii
- Learn more about company.
- What is a company?
- it is a legal entity in the eyes of law.
- It is an artificial person.
- It cannot act on its own.
- It can do so only through human intervention.
- It can act through the directors.
- Who are directors?
- Directors are the persons who run the management of the affairs of the company.
- They are appointed according to the law.
- They are authorized to direct, control,conduct or superintend the affairs of the company.
- Who are called the board of directors?
- The persons who are in charge of the management of the affairs of the company.
- They are collectively called the board of directors.
- Or the board.
- They occupy a special position in the structure of the company.
- Who is a director?
- he is the one who directs.
- Section 2(13) of the companies Act.1956.
- " Any person occupying the position of a director by whatever name called".
- Who can be a director?
- Any person and no qualifications required.
- He should hold a specific number of shares.
- The Articles of the Association of the company may fix as the requisite for the appointment of a director.
- Who cannot be a director? (reference.Sec.274)
- if he has been found by the court to be of unsound mind
- He is an undischarged insolvent
- he has applied to be adjudicated as an insolvent and his application is pending.
- He has been convicted by a court of any offence involving
- moral turpitude and sentenced in respect thereof to imprisonment for not less than 6 months and a period of 5 years has not elapsed from the date of expiry of the sentence.
- he has failed to pay any call on his shares in the company
- from the date fixed for the payment.
- Disqualified under sec.203 reg. fraudulent persons managing companies.
- Director of a public company not filed annual accounts and returns for any continuous period of three financial years from April 1999.
- Any company failed to repay the deposit or interest thereon on due date.
- or redeem the debentures on due date.or pay dividends
- continuing for one year or more.
- A private company which is NOT A SUBSIDIARY OF A PUBLIC COMPANY may by its articles provide additional qualifications to be appointed as a director.
- Section 253.
- No body corporate, association or firm can be appointed as director of any company.
- Only an individual can be appointed.(only natural persons)
- Sec 266B
- Director appointed or to be reappointed must have identification number under sec.266B
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
What is planning?
it is forecasting and deciding in advance a course of action to be followed or activities to be pursued in future.
Whose function is this? every manager's.
What are Planning Premises? predictions and assumptions about the future.
Define: Forecasting: it is an analysis and interpretation of the future conditions in relation to operations of the enterprise.
What does decision making signify?
actual selection of a course of action from among a number of alternatives.
Where does decision making by groups take place?
in board meetings, committees, staff -meetings, conferences etc.
what should the appointing authority lay down?
Explicit terms regarding the scope and exact functions expected of the decision making groups.
- Define mgt. It is a process by which responsible people in an organization get things done through the efforts of other people in group activities.Describe Mgt. Mgt. is a science and an art. The theory is Science and practical application to gain the desired result is an Art.What is co-ordination? It is the essence of mgt.The whole idea of coordination is to ADJUST, RECONCILE, AND SYNCHRONIZE individual efforts more effectivelyAnd to help achieve some common objectives.Fredrick Taylor: The founder of modern Scientific Mgt.Henry Fayol: Father of modern mgt. theory.What are the three levels of management?Top, Middle, lower levels of mgt.What are the 3 social groups which Drucker assigns?a) Managing a business b) managing managers c) managing workers and work.What is administration? it is top level function of mgt.What is the level of mgt.? it is a lower level function.Classify Managerial skills? Technical, human and conceptual according to KATZ.Who is a professional manager? He is an expert,trained and experienced enough to adeptly manage any type of organization.It may be a mfg. house, a service orgn. a hospital, or a govt. agency.Which vital role is played by the executive and managers play? they determine the future of the organisation.What is increasing? the demand for competent managerial personnel having intellectual potentialities and distinct managerial traits.What are required for the fulfillment of the desired mission of an organization? Effectiveness and efficiency.Which is the most significant factor in managerial effectiveness and why?Intellectual skill. because of the changing environmentof the orgn.Mgt. Management/ orgn. organizationiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuseful for those who are studying forSecretarial and management courses and for general information for all knowledge seekers.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii